Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about bedlining my already black wheels. I've got Pro Comp 52s and they look like they are starting to really fade and I'm not sure why. After I give them a good clean up and brush off the surface rust on the lugs and center caps I'm considering spraying the wheel. I don't really want to take them off if I don't have too. Although I will have to take off the spare when I spray it.

Will it do anything to the brake pads/calipers/etc if they get a small coating of bedliner? I obviously don't care to mess anything up. I wouldn't think it would do anything as brakes are exposed to extremes anyway.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
really. take em off its easy 5 bolts per wheel set on the ground put some index cards between the lip and the tire spray and repeat. i would never paint wheels while they were still mounted to a vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't get it anywhere near the brake system. If you get it on the calipers, you'll probably need to have them spun to remove it. And if you get it on the pads and drive with it, you'll end up grinding it into them and making grooves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah, i agree it, don't think this will be a good idea. If you have done this before then only go for it or else get help from some professionals.that great, thanks for your sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts