Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I have a 2009 Sahara JKU that has 267000 Kms on it and the suspension is very weak. I have a chance to purchase stock springs and shocks off a 2015 rubicon hard rock unlimited. Does anyone know if they would fit my Jeep?

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,010 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Congrats on owning a Wrangler!

Yes, they will fit. A HR either will have 18-59's, or 19-60's springs. So that will also give you some lift. Plus the shocks are a upgrade..FYI

·
Super Moderator
4,583 Posts
Hey guys!
I have a 2009 Sahara JKU that has 267000 Kms on it and the suspension is very weak. I have a chance to purchase stock springs and shocks off a 2015 rubicon hard rock unlimited. Does anyone know if they would fit my Jeep?
You would want to look at what springs you have and compare that to what springs came off the Hard Rock. Hard Rocks do not have special springs, they use the same springs as the other Jeeps and Rubicon shocks (which are better then base shocks, but not as good as many aftermarket shocks).
Check the numbers, as Old Dogger mentioned, and see where you are at as well as try to find out what the springs are that are for sale. Don't assume that the Hard Rock springs will be any different than what you have. They may not be. Fresh shocks are almost always better than old worn out shocks, but springs tend to last a lot longer than shocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts