Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 87 4 banger needs new spring bushings on shackle side...my leafs and shackles are not

ForumRunner_20150319_203029.jpg

stock and wondering if they would use the same bushings....would like to order the right ones the first time! Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
What springs are they? I have a new set of BDS bushings for sale. I put them on to drive the Jeep home, then took them off right away. Most people like poly bushings, I prefer rubber and swapped mine.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the problim...P.O. installed springs and cant read any numbers on them....just wondering if all"YJ" bushings were the same diameter??

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Thats the problim...P.O. installed springs and cant read any numbers on them....just wondering if all"YJ" bushings were the same diameter??
No, they aren't the same. I went through 6 different sets of bushings before I found the correct ones to fit. Each manufacturer has their own size of eyelet in the end of the springs it seems.

After the 5th set of wrong bushings I used an internal micrometer and measured the eyelet of the spring, then ordered that size from Morris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts