Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Back in Nevada and time-I cleaned all my tools and recovery gear-

You may not like my collection, but I've been using it for a long time, here's some pics

The pic from California last week when I washed her for the second time in 2011

Just about ready for some trips SOON/w the trailer and I'm pretty well set for unforseen danger-

Smokemifyougotem

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow, nice kit. I thought I was on the Boy Scout "Be prepared" thread for a second.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Heh Heh, thanx guys, those parts won't stay clean too long !

I'll tell ya one thing though--they won't get muddy-

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bad ass that thing is loaded with goodies!! Even the roof. Great work jimbox how long did it take to collect that set up?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:DWell some of the small tools, that aren't in the pic, I've had for over 35 years, all the chrome wrench's sockets/ratchets (Metric), in the last 6 years-

The chain saw (STIHL) 5 years, just got the big case in Ca., 3months ago-

Bad ass that thing is loaded with goodies!! Even the roof. Great work jimbox how long did it take to collect that set up?
Heh, the HiLift Jack, I've had for over 16 years and just got the "Jackguard" case fron Quadratec-

The recovery gear goes back 20 years--takes time and you'll find out, the one time you need something--you ain't gotit--trying to keep that from happening-

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Jeeeeeeesssssss......

GREAT Collection. Most Rescue Trucks would love that gear.

The weight must cost you 5 - 6 mpg :eek:

"Remember, in the end the Jeeper with the most toys WINs" :rofl:

Now if I could only win the Lottery :p

·
Registered
247 Posts
Are you sure you have enough stuff in you rig? Look at all that cargo room you've left unused. I think you need more so that you have to Tetris it in there. :rofl:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks like a great collection. Jeep looks good also. I like the black on the hood.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D Thanx again guys-

Shes gonna get dirty tomorrow-

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
:D Thanx again guys-

Shes gonna get dirty tomorrow-

How someone could find fault with that collection, I can't imagine. Gave me some ideas, just seeing it. JB Weld...? Never would've thought of that, even though it's automotive gold. You are the "McGuyver" of Jeeps, Jimbo.

:thumb:

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
706 Posts
Wow! Now that's what I call "Prepared for whatever"

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:D heh Heh, well I can't get near his accomplishments, but I've done many similar things and if you look to the upper right of pic#2, the little black box has a gas welding setup, that I've used quite a few times with the small propane bottle to the left-

Wonder if he can weld with a half dollar and a set of jumper cables? :D

List of problems solved by MacGyver - MacGyver Wiki
It's amazing what you can do with zipties-I've got a set of 26" 1/4" zipties with the trailer and they will hold/secure/truss, almost anything up to 150lbs-

In pic #4 at the bottom is a 12vdc 2000lb electric jack that is pushbutton controlled and I've lifted the whole front of my jeep several times--

Right behindit are the tire chocks--use ALL THE TIME and to their right is a bag with (RED) Pneumatic Bead Expender--for setting busted beads-Learned that in 1974 with Goodyear expanders (free) in S&R-

I can't rival McGiver, but I like to be thought of with mannerisms like that-!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Jeez, nice setup. I thot thats why you had that cool little trailer to haul all the tools in!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
:D heh Heh, well I can't get near his accomplishments, but I've done many similar things and if you look to the upper right of pic#2, the little black box has a gas welding setup, that I've used quite a few times with the small propane bottle to the left-

It's amazing what you can do with zipties-I've got a set of 26" 1/4" zipties with the trailer and they will hold/secure/truss, almost anything up to 150lbs-

In pic #4 at the bottom is a 12vdc 2000lb electric jack that is pushbutton controlled and I've lifted the whole front of my jeep several times--

Right behindit are the tire chocks--use ALL THE TIME and to their right is a bag with (RED) Pneumatic Bead Expender--for setting busted beads-Learned that in 1974 with Goodyear expanders (free) in S&R-

I can't rival McGiver, but I like to be thought of with mannerisms like that-!

Good thing I got a lotta self-esteem.

But not so much that it's gonna prevent me from stealing as many of your ideas as I can. :D I'm fairly well outfitted for personal survival...you've just opened my eyes to JEEP survival. I'm kinda lacking, there. Thanks for the photos.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts