Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it's time to start running trails other than Chinaman! So a couple of us are going to run Spring Creek this Saturday.

This is NOT a run for stock vehicles!
Skids, diff covers and minimum 1 locker!

Spring Creek Saturday July 29 10 AM - Ready to wheel! *

MEETING at :
Georgetown Lake- Argentine St & 22nd
-This is where the trail comes out, there's parking for those that trailer their rigs.
-Take Georgetown exit, go through the "round a bout" turn right at the Valero gas station. Go to 22nd Avenue. You'll see Georgetown Lake and the lot.

LEAVING LOT AT 9:45 for Trailhead. *

Denver Jeepers meet: WHERE & WHEN?? - Someone pick a place and appropriate time.

Colorado Springs Jeepers
Meet at: 7:00 AM at the Kum & Go
1206 Interquest Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80921 ROLLING AT 7:15! *

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/spring-creek-4x4-trail

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/465-spring-creek

This off-road, rock crawling trail has become the "go to spot" for hard wheeling within a short drive from Denver. It sees very heavy traffic during the weekends, so don't expect to be on this trail alone. Traversing large boulders are the norm on Spring Creek. This trail is constantly changing as new boulders become exposed each year and old boulders find new resting spots. It starts out pretty quickly with the first obstacle named "The Wall". Without a proper line here, body damage and/or rollovers are likely. The trail climbs straight up the mountain providing spectacular views above I-70 and the surrounding mountain towns. The final switchback known as "The Hard Left" will challenge even the most modified vehicles, before you enter the premier obstacle of the trail, "The Rock Garden" which has many different routes and lines, all of which will leave your undercarriage riddled with rock-rash scars.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Crap! I've got plans to run this on Sunday with some non-Jeeper friends in the back seat.

I was just about to post to see if others wanted to join lol

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yep working AGAIN

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Deb and I are in.
If anyone is going from Denver and want to caravan to Georgetown Lake we can meet at the Sunmart located at 18561 US 40, Golden. Right across the street from the RTD Wooly Mammoth Park and Ride. Lets meet at 8:45 AM and leave at 9:00 AM or shortly after.
Let me know if you want to caravan.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
How does Spring Creek compare to Chinaman or Eagle Rock? I've only driven down the water fall, not up it and have never been up to the rock garden area.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I'm on the fence in a of couple ways. I will be driving back from work in Aspen today and plan to check out what's going on with Schofield Pass. Could be a late night getting back to Denver.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I disagree that it's harder. It only has a couple of pockets of hard stuff but they tend to have bypasses depending on the season. It's just a long bumpy trail. The rock garden is as fun as you want it to be though. Spend some time there and try different lines.

I remember Tado going up backwards in his YJ laughing at us round eyes. Of course 42's and tons help....

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I disagree that it's harder. It only has a couple of pockets of hard stuff but they tend to have bypasses depending on the season. It's just a long bumpy trail. The rock garden is as fun as you want it to be though. Spend some time there and try different lines. I remember Tado going up backwards in his YJ laughing at us round eyes. Of course 42's and tons help....
Bro...you even wheel? :rofl:

·
Registered
102 Posts
JKGoob and I did it last weekend. I would say the rock garden is comparable to last year. It was a little wet from recent rain that made it challenging in a couple spots. There was a JK on 35's behind us made it up choosing the easy lines. Should be a blast. Have fun guys!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
The rain is reason enough. I drove through a lot of sticky roads today. It gets old quickly.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
What's the new date going to be? Been wanting to run this one, just need to dial in my front pinion angle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts