Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys coming up with the spring numbers? I have a 12 sport with a hardtop,and i would like to raise the front 1.5? inches.Would any of the factory rubi springs do this?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Where are you guys coming up with the spring numbers? I have a 12 sport with a hardtop,and i would like to raise the front 1.5? inches.Would any of the factory rubi springs do this?
Crawl under your Jeep and look at the last 2 numbers on the tags on tour coil springs that's the number your looking for.
There are NO such thing as Rubicon springs. If you have like 14 front and 56 in the rear and change them to 19 front and 60 in the rear you'll get a little lift. About 1.5 in front and .5 in rear.
This is how mine is for now I also added a teraflex leveling kit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
yeah I went from 14/55s to 17/59s from a Rubicon Unlimited, also came with the shocks. I got right close to 2 inches. but mine is a softie, you probably will not get that much in the rear with a hardtop.

watch on criagslist, or get in good with a local 4wd shop, people are lifting up the unlimiteds to fit 35s and just discarding the old springs/shocks. can be picked up on the cheap.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
You can puchase the springs new for about $175 online. That includes freight.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I see on another jk forum there are a bunch of rubi take off springs and shocks for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts