Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of changing springs and shocks on my 2014 JK Rubicon 2 door. My rear springs are 57's. I got a set of 59's that were supposed to have come off a 2016 4 door Rubicon. When I took my 57 out it is the same length or 1/8 inch longer than the 59. Is this normal? Is there any difference side to side?I though that you should gain height with the higher numbered spring. Does the higher number have less sag? I'm not sure what to do. Put the old ones back in and go do the fronts. Mine are 14's are the new ones are 18's. Any ideas.
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Put them in. You’ll get some lift. I got I believe over an inch going a couple of numbers higher from a four door rubicon to my two door sport. I believe the ride is even better.

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
The difference is probably not in the length of the spring, but the spring rate meaning the higher numbers are stiffer springs.

Reactions: bbortko and ibikee

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
57-59 is not gonna be a big difference. 57 on a 2dr is very rare generally a loaded 2dr only goes as high as a 55 in the rear.
14 to 18 in the front will definitely make a difference.

Generally the 2door bare bones sport guys see the most advantage, up to 2” lift, from the swap because they are going from 12-13 front / 52-53 rear to the 4door 19/60 HD combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I went for it. I did measure the coils and the 59's are thicker. I got about 1/2 inch lift in back and 1 3/4 lift in front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts