Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a budget boost on my jeep and in the process I peeled off those little stickers on the springs, because everyone knows you would NEVER need them.

Fast forward 1 week and I'm looking at a bumper. Now i find that i need to know what my spring strength is and potentially up that to accomidate for a heavier bumper/winch. What idiot threw that sticker away?! Probably my wife.

Anyway, I see lots of 17 rated springs for sale but don't know if thats what i'm already using or if that would be an improvement?

I have a 2 door 2014 Oscar Mike.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There are a number of options that could have been. Without the tag, I am not aware of a way to identify them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Probably the best you can do, is to put 85lbs on your current bumper and see how much it drops it.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The stickers only have the part number. With the part number you can only tell the relative spring rate of your coils compared to what is available. If you are worried about sag just add 3/4" spacer and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Check your build sheet?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Removed these from my freedom a month ago. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your springs may not match his. It is kinda random on which models get what. And the build sheet probably just says spring. That is all mine says.

You can only confirm my getting under and looking.

·
Registered
910 Posts
unfortunately not all jeeps are created equally when it comes to spring numbers.

·
Super Moderator
15,353 Posts
Just to agree with the above.
2 door/4 door/hardtop/soft top are all variables when it comes to what springs are put on the Jeep. Oscar Mike, Sport, Sahara, makes no difference.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Yeah......
As Forrest Forrest Gump would say.

Wrangler springs are like a box of chocolates...

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,851 Posts
your springs may not match his. it is kinda random on which models get what. And the build sheet probably just says spring. That is all mine says.

You can only confirm my getting under and looking.
x2!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
The front will sag about 3/4"-1" with a heavy duty bumper and winch. So, if you are happy with it's stance now, add at least 3/4" more spacer to compensate for the new bumper and winch.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Being you have a 2 door, I'd bet yours had the 14 springs in the front. A set of 17's on a 2 door would be a good choice for the weight of the bumper and winch. I have 17's on the front and Mine sits about level with 1" spacers all around. My 2 door Rubicon was built with 14/56 springs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do you have the towing pkg? My '13 JKU Freedom Ed with tow and AT had 17's up front and 59's in back. If not, or if it's a JK, then you probably have a weaker spring. upgraded springs are everywhere, Hell, my old ones are available if you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts