Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me run this by the experts...

So I put 4 door rubicon springs and shocks on my 2 door (2013) and got a net of 1" lift front and rear.

If I now put on a 1" spacer lift front and rear I will have a total of 2" lift. But because part of that is a spring lift I probably will NOT need spring retainer clips, bump stops, or shock extensions (because shocks match springs and 1" more from spacer won't move the comfort zone much).

What I WILL need though is brake line brackets and longer rear links.

Agree? If not, what would you do?

The goal is to run 315/70/17 duratrac tires. My flares are already cut.

Eventually, when I have the funds saved, I'm going with metalcloak game changer, new drives shafts, prorock, etc... But for the short time I'm doing this "budget lift" to get me going.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Brake lines will fie even at 2.5". Rear sway bar links are fine. You might want longer fronts depending on the angle.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake lines will fie even at 2.5". Rear sway bar links are fine. You might want longer fronts depending on the angle.
Thanks daggo! Forgot to mention I already have the front links (adjustable quick discos).

Do you think shock extensions would be needed at all? What about bump stops?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
It depends on how much down travel you want, which will be limited by the length of the shocks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You will also need to adjust the drag link to straighten the steering wheel.
Brake lines and shocks will be fine. I have 2" coils in mine without any issues.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
If you only got 1" out of the stiffer springs, I doubt you'll need to do anything. On my first Jeep I did this to, I netted almost 2" up front and it didn't need a thing.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'll pop in the 1" spacers (when they arrive) and then see how it goes.

Sounds like I really won't need to do anything other than make sure it does indeed have enough slack on the lines and that the wheel is still centered.

I will check it a full flex because there is a good chance that will happen while I'm off roading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts