Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The springs I have on my 92 really bother me. I bought the vehicle already lifted with a SOA setup. The springs are flat or parallel with the ground. For some reason I have it my mind I'm going to climb up our bumpy gravel road and one of them is going to break. I can offer no basis other than gut feeling. What should the stance of these springs be? Is flat acceptable?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You might have differing opinions on this. I think you're fine. My stock springs have a severe negative arch and the are fine. They ride incredibly rough and will be changed out soon but they won't break just from being flat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like the stock springs. I have an SOA lift with springs that are the same way. No arch. I have flown down Jenny Creek (super bumpy) because I couldn't get past the snow at the end and had to turn around and couldn't be late for work. Still fine on springs

·
Registered
568 Posts
mine where flat. they were almost flat from the factory. its all about condition. as long as they are not rusted and not to worn out you should be fine same goes for the U-bolts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I agree with everyone saying your springs are fine, but you should trust your gut before you trust a forum.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I agree with everyone saying your springs are fine, but you should trust your gut before you trust a forum.
x2, mine were flat and I said hey its time for new springs. I got under there and didnt like the look of the rust and what have you, and I said Id rather drop the green for new springs then have one snap on me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts