Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching pet barriers for several weeks, we finally decided to try the Springtail Solutions Pet Barrier. This is my review:

This is a great product. The metal is solid, not so heavy that one person (I'm a small female) can't lift it, but solid enough that a civilized dog is not coming through.

The installation is easy and all pre-drilled holes line up perfectly.

The designers give ample warning about line of sight blockage in the rear view mirror, but I do not have any problems with it. The rear view of a Jeep is not that great anyway and so this didn't seem to change anything for me.

The designers also warn about the inability to get to your pet in the case of an emergency and this is where I modified the strappage a bit. The product comes with four straps, two for the top (around the roll bar) and two to go around the head rests. This is where I modified, as you can see in the pics.

Originally, I left the two head rest straps off the product during installation because the metal rested tight and sturdy enough against the back seats that I wasn't worried about my dog getting a nose under there. I did this as to address the ability to get to my dog a little quicker if I had to. If I did not install the head rest straps, then anyone could simply lay the seats down and get to the dog in a hurry (not immediate but at least there would not be any straps to impeded).

The downfall in leaving these straps off is that the product did have a rattle at the top corners when driving. So I took the two left over straps and placed them on each top corner (see pics). This solved the rattle perfectly.

I am a Made in the USA person, so I was a little disappointed that the straps had a Made in China tag on them. But I understand the free trade world and will not fault the guys who made this thing at all. It is a good product and I highly recommend it.

So now we have a pet barrier with no rattle and is a little more accessible by laying the back seats down if needed. This installation is still a very secure, tight fit and my dog loves that he can go on rides and move around a bit in the cargo area.

I recommend this Made in the USA product to anyone. Great job Springtail on caring for Jeep pets too!

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the detailed review. I think this could work well for me and my buddy Loki, (a great pyrenees).

·
Registered
380 Posts
I installed mine today. I have no complaints​ about it. It went together very easy. I ran the screws threw the holes front and back to break up the power coat that was in the holes. I also have the WarPig rear seat recline kit installed so when the seats are up the barrier digs into the the corners​ of the seat. That's not Springtail's fault. Because of the tight fit the barrier doesn't rattle one bit and doesn't need the headrest straps. Thank Springtail for a great product.

Vehicle Transport Luxury vehicle Car Family car

Vehicle Bumper Car Family car Auto part

Technology Electronic device Bumper Auto part Vehicle

Architecture Vehicle

·
Commercial Member
834 Posts
I am a Made in the USA person, so I was a little disappointed that the straps had a Made in China tag on them. But I understand the free trade world and will not fault the guys who made this thing at all. It is a good product and I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the review.

As a complete disclosure: We do try to have as much of our products made in the USA as we can. Unfortunately, the fabric industry has all but disappeared from the USA and what companies remain are not interested in making custom products and small orders (less than 10K units).

If it is any consolation, we brokered the deal through an American company in Texas. :)

All of our metal products are made right here in the midwest using American steel.

Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.