Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2006 automatic TJ with 215,000 km done. I do offroading in the desert and I am running it at 1.5 inches lift with 31 tyres.

Lately after changing the tires and the lift my jeep feels a bit underpowered on the road. While going up an incline it loses speed and to push it I really have to jam the accelerator and the rpm crosses 3 and then it shifts into an upper gear.

I was looking at re-gearing and sprintex supercharger.

My question to you guys is if I install the supercharger at this mileage would it work or would I be doing a risky business and shortening the engine life and all?

What other options do I have to regain the power? People in my group are all JK and FJs and they are adamant about performance chips and cat backs. But reviewing this forum I realised there is not much gain in that.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
X2. Regear is all you need.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi, I have a 2006 automatic TJ with 215,000 km done. I do offroading in the desert and I am running it at 1.5 inches lift with 31 tyres. Lately after changing the tires and the lift my jeep feels a bit underpowered on the road. While going up an incline it loses speed and to push it I really have to jam the accelerator and the rpm crosses 3 and then it shifts into an upper gear. I was looking at re-gearing and sprintex supercharger. My question to you guys is if I install the supercharger at this mileage would it work or would I be doing a risky business and shortening the engine life and all? What other options do I have to regain the power? People in my group are all JK and FJs and they are adamant about performance chips and cat backs. But reviewing this forum I realised there is not much gain in that.
Regear first and see how you like that upgrade. I run 5.13s and have an Eaton SC and am very happy with the power. My LJR has about 150000 km

·
Commercial Member
288 Posts
Regear but I doubt you will be impressed. You only have 31" tires.
Gears are cheap, labor expensive. While it is all apart you can add lockers and rear disc brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.