Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've had a yj for about two weeks slowing working out the kinks from the last owner. My engine has been sputtering on acceleration for a bit now. I had my fuel system cleaned and I replaced my fuel filter. Still having problems. Any ideas? It's a 4.0 liter 6 cylinder. Manual transmission. Again thanks and sorry if this is a bad question to ask.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plugs and wires here we come! Thanks guys ill keep you updated as I work on it

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Start with the simple stuff then work your way back. That's what I always do. No Sence of really ripping into something if its just something small and stupid. Even if its not the plugs n wires at least you got new plugs n wires! That's how I look at things.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plugs and wires, as simple as that. It starts up in seconds, thank you guys so much. Loving the sound of the jeep. Now the only question is what to work on next???

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Plugs and wires, as simple as that. It starts up in seconds, thank you guys so much. Loving the sound of the jeep. Now the only question is what to work on next???
Lift, drive line, axels , tires, bumpers , body armor, suspension... it never ends

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the best part the list never ends haha, for now I think ill work on getting my gauge lights fixed simple enough. My ultimate project will be a 4 or 5 in suspension lift. Opening doors to even more fun of working on the jeep

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That's the best part the list never ends haha, for now I think ill work on getting my gauge lights fixed simple enough. My ultimate project will be a 4 or 5 in suspension lift. Opening doors to even more fun of working on the jeep
Sounds like fun!! I Just put these rock sliders on my jeep last week! It was so hot out. I wanted to put it up on my lift but there is a truck frame on it! So I just did it out side in the blistering heat.. wasn't two hard. More time consuming really. Not sure If I like them tho

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the heat has been bad here lately too that's why I'm doing my work at like9 or 10 to get away from the sun. I like what you did

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like fun!! I Just put these rock sliders on my jeep last week! It was so hot out. I wanted to put it up on my lift but there is a truck frame on it! So I just did it out side in the blistering heat.. wasn't two hard. More time consuming really. Not sure If I like them tho
Talking about the rock slider

1 - 15 of 15 Posts