Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tj makes a wierd sputtering noise when i turn it off, but if i hold the clutch in and then cut the jeep off it doesn't make the noise. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your response man. Can you tell me what this could possibly be? I know i should get a tune up anyway, but do you know what the cause might be?

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
explain what you mean by sputtering noise. how long is it? how loud is it? where does it sound like its coming from?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like the engine. Some old cars when you shut them off it seems like it might take them a minute to turn off. Almost like the engine is trying to fire. But it sounds like a sputtering when i shut the jeep off, unless i hold the clutch in, then the jeep doesnt make the noise?????????

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
if you mean its diesleing....like after u cut it off, it continues to run for a few cycles, that would indicate its idling too high, timing is out of whack, or possibly running very hot.

i am not sure why holding the clutch in would make a difference on that tho....so...sorry i cant help more:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts