Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 2.5 with a 5 speed. It was totaled about 8 years ago and has been sitting until I got it a year ago. I swapped the body with a YJ but kept the OBD2 system in it. I got it running again about 4 months ago.

Every since I got it back running about 3/4 of the times I start it and start driving about 1-2 mins it will sputter and major loss in power. I can mash the clutch in and give it gas about 3-4 times it will clear up and driver great the rest of the time.

I have replaces the plugs, wires, cap, button, coil, temp sender, timing chain and guides, intake and exhaust gaskets, fuel pump, cleaned the tank and throttle body.

I do have aftermarket gauges but the temp sender is still feeding to computer. The oil and fuel senders are not feeding the comp. Every thing I have read says the comp only monitors the oil pressure and it does not effect the running of the engine.

All your help with this will be appreciated.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
The time that happened to my TJ, it proved to be a bad/weak fuel pump. I would replace it with either a Mopar or a Bosch fuel pump. Avoid Spectra and Airtex fuel pumps, their quality is not worth installing. I would also avoid store brands from stores like AutoZone.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This sounds like something mine does every once in a while. One time it completely stalled but when I came to a stop it started right up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts