Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been trying to isolate a scraping/squeaking noise that occurs almost every time I go over a speed bump/off-roading and have tried isolating the issue. I greased up the shocks, sprayed all moving parts with lithium grease (flex arms, track-bar, etc). I even cut the exhaust before the axle to not hit the track bar, and still there is a noise. I believe I may have found the issue after all of this time, but want some advice. Here are some pictures of what I believe to be the problem. Anything will help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rear left & right sway bar link's are making contact with the rear left & right upper flex-arm bracket's. Could this be what's causing the noise? I believe it to be likely, if so, do I fix it via adjusting the pinion and caster angle. I paid a place to install them.....

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are your springs? Nevermind I see it
Just fixed this issue (flexarm angles) so that sway bar link is no longer touching. Still was not the issue. What do you think it could be? I'm starting to suspect that I got bad shocks from the start.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have found that clamping a GoPro camera under the chassis while driving REALLY helps to isolate the source of problems like this. I've solved three separate issues this way. You just need to buy something like this for your GoPro:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V71V9Z

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found that clamping a GoPro camera under the chassis while driving REALLY helps to isolate the source of problems like this. I've solved three separate issues this way. You just need to buy something like this for your GoPro:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V71V9Z
Or just using paracord to strap down your smartphone hahaha! It was the shocks. TERAFLEX had issues with the rear falcon shocks in early production, it had to due with them being upside down... Getting new shocks sent to me, so glad to have this finally figured out. TIME FOR SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts