Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a squeak consistant with tire speed im pretty sure and it stops when i apply the brakes any ideas on what it might be? i checked the brake pads they seem fine

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like your pads are glazed, take them out lay them on sand paper, (on a flat surface) and rough them up untill all the shinny is gone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
TJ's use sealed hubs, the bearings cannot be serviced. Easy to rpelace, and autozone carries them. Once you got em off, yank the front axles out (they just pull out) and check the u joints.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have already replaced the front bearings and also replaced the u-joints in the cv joint on the driveshaft but the glazed brakes sounds like a good place to go from here thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mr England..i feel your pain...
I just found this forum! Good to be here!
i have developed a squeak that is consistent with tire rotation. At slow speed appears to be left rear. Pulled and cleaned thew brakes... squeak squeak.. Jacked up to take load off and ran in gear..NO squeak! There is a double cardan DS , but has been in over a year. my last though is axle bearing. Can i get some of your thoughts? 06 rubi, 33" KMII OME lift, 1" body lift.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Check your front and rear driveshaft u joints for any signs of wear. Those pesky u joints are always the culprits to my squeaks. Also check your wheel axle u joints in the front right and front left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts