Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do to fix squeaking from stock suspension??REPLACED 2 MONTHS AGO F911 Poly Performance stock bolt ,USE TORGUE WRENCH TO 125 ft/lbs
SQUEAKING STILL THERE
:banghead::banghead::confused:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I had a YJ before, I didn't know what quiet was till now.......

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What to do to fix squeaking from stock suspension??REPLACED 2 MONTHS AGO F911 Poly Performance stock bolt ,USE TORGUE WRENCH TO 125 ft/lbs
SQUEAKING STILL THERE
Vas, have you tried a little lube on your bushings?

Damn if that doesn't sound, I dunno, sadistic? Hmm.

Anyway, squirt some white lithium grease on your bushings. Sway bar links, TB's, CA's. See if that does the job.

Can't remember if you got a lift installed yet or not. If so, what brand?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Front or rear? Use some silicone spray on one control arm at a time (both bushings) and see if the squeak goes away.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
hard to say. but some times squeak comes from front some times from the rear
I'm basing this on me. It's all about me. You think it's about you, but it's not. Me. Period.

Okay, messing w/you...

Like Silversport said, try hitting your front TB/CA bushings with a little grease. Drive it for awhile, see what's what, and if it's still squeaking spray the rear TB's/CA's.

Now, you could always throw caution to the wind and hose down all of em at once, but that way you won't find out where the squeak is coming from. Personally, that would keep me up at night. I'd have nightmares. I'd wake up screaming and sweaty. But that's just me...

Give it a try.

Bet you a cannoli (a real one, not some pig-in-a-blanket) it's just a little friction, no problem...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same sqeaking problem on my 2012 Call of Duty unlimited. I thought it was the brakes.....I took it into the dealer and they said the brakes were fine and it was normal for them to sqeak like that???? WTF? I just paid good $ for this thing and that is the answer I get? My guess it may be the bushings. I will try some white Lithium on them.

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Mine clinks, clanks and clunks. No squeaks, though, or I would hunt them down like small furry chipmunks and destroy them.

So to speak. :)

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
OK, if I only hear squeaks when I get in or out of the Jeep...or when it's standing still and I shake her, what's the likely culprit? 2.5 AEV Dualsport lift with geometry correction brackets up front and Bilstien shocks.

I do not recall hearing the squeaks prior to the lift.

·
Registered
536 Posts
SQUEAKING STILL THERE
i noticed it yeasterday going through some big bumps :banghead: driver side... sounds like some sort of bushing noise, kinda rubbery... i will try the grease as suggested, but not exactly sure where to do the touch ups :confused: 3 month old sahara :(

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
OK, if I only hear squeaks when I get in or out of the Jeep...or when it's standing still and I shake her, what's the likely culprit? 2.5 AEV Dualsport lift with geometry correction brackets up front and Bilstien shocks.

I do not recall hearing the squeaks prior to the lift.
Was the jeep back on the ground under its' own weight or with jack stands under the axles before the control arm and trackbar bolts were torqued?

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Was the jeep back on the ground under its' own weight or with jack stands under the axles before the control arm and trackbar bolts were torqued?
Afraid I don't know the answer to that one. AEV did the install since they are about 15 miles from my house.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts