Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering pump pulley is squeaking pretty good...it started some time ago, and got worse recently. I know how to fix it and am comfortable doing it, but not sure when I'm going to have the time (I don't think it will take long, but I have a number of other things to do as well).

So basically, is this thing likely to blow up soon, or can I delay a bit longer and get some other stuff taken care of?

Also, the squeak goes away at a higher RPM (and yes, im certain its not a belt squeal, it IS the pulley) is that typical?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been having the same issue for about a month now. I recently changed my belt and checked all the pulleys for any looseness. I'm still having the squeaking all though it is quieter than before I changed the belt. I'm starting to think it might just be a "jeep thing".

·
Registered
357 Posts
Be sure it's not the OPDA ( oil pump drive assembly ) it can make a squeaking sound .. And u do not want that to lock up.. From what I have heard it makes a distinct sound .. There are YouTube videos of it some call it the laughing monkey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts