Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some opinions, or feedback on a possible squeaky driver's side seat. At first I thought it was the rock rail rubbing on the body or ace slider, but after digging into it more, I find that depending on how I shift my weight on the seat, it squeaks.
Does anyone have a similar problem, did you take it to the dealer, how did you fix it?
I've tried the seat in different positions and checked the mount bolts, but its still there.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Lose weight? Mine rarely ever squeaks, if at all, after losing over 60lbs. Previously 2 trips to the dealer didn't fix it. The first time the frame was replaced and that lasted about a month. The second time they said they fixed it and as soon as I hopped into it at the dealer lot, it started squeaking. They didn't do anything to it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mine sqeaks.
Less than 2K miles.
It does not bother me.
Will have the dealer replace/fix it.
You can push down on the seat with your hand and it'll make a squeak if you hit the right spot.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I am currently sitting in the waiting room at my dealrship for this exact problem. I am nowhere near obese so throw that out. It has something to do with either the seat frame or a bushing. Some actually have there frames cracked. I have 3000 miles never been offroad. Its annoying as all hell. Every take off, stop and turn it sounds like im sitting in a 15 year old wooden rocking chair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts