Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JK steering wheel is squeaking whenever you turn it. Ie: like a bad wiper blade on a windshield. Definitely a rubber-squeaky kind of noise. I've taken the plastic surround off, cleaned and tried to Teflon spray what I can see. (I don't want to go overboard since there is a lot of wiring). But it looks like its coming from somewhere right at the tube or wheel attachment area.
Has anyone removed the steering wheel? I am thinking that dealing with a squeaky noise might be better than air bag or wiring issues if I attempt to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
I have the same sound. Mine sounds like it is right where the wheel meets the column. I have some unrelated squeaks to take care of then plan on letting the dealer deal with that one.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave up. Teflon spray worked- but after just a bit it started to squeak again. It has to be in the column/steering wheel itself. Lost a bolt somewhere in never-never land under the seat too. Unfortunately my Jeep is no longer under warranty- so I guess the next time at the dealer I'll have to have them look at it. Which I HATE to do.
General Jeep rattling I can take- but the rubber squeaky every time turn the wheel drives me nutts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts