Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Does it always do it, or stop once it's warmed up?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Wow...that sounds alive. I had a tensioner pulley that made some strange noises on my 99. I know yours does not have the same belt route but it does have a tensioner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sound is actually coming from the Camshaft position sensor/Oil pump drive. Found out it was supposedly replaced Oct 7, 2006. It makes this noise when you first crank it. Then about 5 min later it quits. Oil gauge does not drop when it squeals, it stays in normal range. I was quoted a price of $259. plus tax to repair at a authorized jeep dealership.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The sound is actually coming from the Camshaft position sensor/Oil pump drive. Found out it was supposedly replaced Oct 7, 2006. It makes this noise when you first crank it. Then about 5 min later it quits. Oil gauge does not drop when it squeals, it stays in normal range. I was quoted a price of $259. plus tax to repair at a authorized jeep dealership.
I thought this was a known recall? If so, it should be free. I would ask before I paid to have it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts