Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I left my Jeep parked outdoor for 10 days. When I came back, took it to the shop for oil change, a huge squirrel nest was discovered under the engine cover.
Luckily no cables or wires were chewed. Is there any repellent that is proven to work against those and other rodents?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I had that happen one autumn. Bastard was knocking pinecones down from the tree, onto my car hauler, and then collecting them and storing them on top of my battery. Good thing I didnt start it, there were tons of shavings between the catalytic converter and its heat shield.

I caught him in the act a few times.

·
Retired Moderator
100,578 Posts
^WOW..that is nasty..:eek:

Reactions: Lloydrage

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
your lucky...had a co-worker come out to his car after a 12 hour night shift and try to start his 2014 ford focus. Started misfiring badly. popped the hood and a squirrel chewed through his ignition harness and hood liner. Good thing his brother is a mechanic!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just brought my Jeep, that I drive daily, to the dealership for an oil change. They said they found a small nest inside my engine bay as well. I was so shocked, I forgot to ask where, how big, etc. I had a good look at the passenger side of the engine two weeks back when I put in a dual battery kit and there was no evidence of a nest.

I wonder how quickly they form? I am very interested to hear any methods to prevent this from re-occurring.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I just brought my Jeep, that I drive daily, to the dealership for an oil change. They said they found a small nest inside my engine bay as well. I was so shocked, I forgot to ask where, how big, etc. I had a good look at the passenger side of the engine two weeks back when I put in a dual battery kit and there was no evidence of a nest.

I wonder how quickly they form? I am very interested to hear any methods to prevent this from re-occurring.
Supposedly mothballs work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
An air rifle is a good squirrel repellent.

Reactions: Flux

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Moth balls, cat urine, AR-15 , blood meal.

Don't leave it for extended periods works too.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Those nests are nuts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had that happen one autumn. Bastard was knocking pinecones down from the tree, onto my car hauler, and then collecting them and storing them on top of my battery. Good thing I didnt start it, there were tons of shavings between the catalytic converter and its heat shield.

I caught him in the act a few times.

What tires are you running? (carrier & size) Those lugs are Huge!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
What tires are you running? (carrier & size) Those lugs are Huge!
Those are 40" competition Maxxis Trepadors. They come in 37", 40", and finally 42".

Without "tooting my own horn" too much, they arent for the street and are almost $800 a piece. Best tire ever made for the rocks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts