Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I have a new one... My friend has a 2010 JKU. For the past three nights her jeep has been chipped away at by squirrels! (She has to park outside). She has tried moving her jeep around on the street but every morning there are more chips! Does anybody have any suggestions?? She obviously doesn't want to spray any repellent that will damage the paint

image-3026998549.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
sub-sonic .22 rounds.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Man, that stinks. Unfortunately, the only options are to get rid of the squirrels or park somewhere protected from them. She could potentially get a vehicle cover, but they will likely chew holes in that to get to her delicious Jeep.

I had squirrels chewing the metal caps on the galvanized steel fence posts in my backyard for a while. Every single cap has two teethmarks with a little gap between them. I'm assuming the rodents were sharpening their teeth for the inevitable Human vs. Squirrel War...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good old fox urine (fox piss) should do the trick. cover your nose though !

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
mouse trap with an acorn for bait!
Rat traps and peanut butter works better. Squirrels don't fit inside mouse traps. You could use have-a-heart traps but I find they don't work as well

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
My mom was driving down the road one day and her car started smoking like crazy. Called me to come get her. Turned out squirrels ate throw a ton of wiring.

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Moth balls. They repel skunks, cats, squirrels and the occasional human.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts