Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 Wrangler Sport. It has a lift and Nito Grappler AT LT325/70 17 and it is squirrely, it goes with the groves on the roads, it doesn't move the steering wheel, just travels with groves. Is it the tires?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
check your balljoints for play. jack the front tires off the ground, and see if the wheel has side to side play

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Tires. One I switched back too pizza cutters, the problem was gone.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The wider the tire the more it travels on the road. That's just the way they go.
If you can switch your tires and test it out, you will see that narrower tires will solve the problem.
So it all depends on what you use the jeep for.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yep. So many guys think a wider tire looks cool. Me too until I saw the downside. The reality is they don't handle as well in a lot of situations. My 285/70r17s followed every irregularity in the road. It's especially bad in the Sierras where chained up trucks have worn grooves in the lanes. I got so tired of counter steering all the time to have cool looking tires and wheels. Now I'm back to stock Rubi wheels with 255/80r17 Coopers and it handles fine. Plus it will go ANYWHERE in mud or snow off road.

I'll put the 285s back on if I go to the beach, but never for highway or snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts