Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body got any opinions for these 2 tires? I've narrowed my selection down to these two. My TJ's mostly a dd, but I need a good mud tire for when its not. from what I've read both of these wear pretty well and work pretty good too. I can get either set for around $750 (after tax & shipping). I think its guna come down to which one most people prefer. Right now though, I'm sorta leaning twards the Super Swamper Radial. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I love my MT's but I've never run the SSR, so I can't compare the two. I know the MT's wear well for daily driving and they are by no means loud. Plus they are great for the mud.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I ran BFG MT's for the last 2 yrs. They work great. I think 4wheel parts is selling them for $155 with free install right now if you have one of their shops near you (no shipping).:cool:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats where im looking at, i dont have a 4wheelparts shop anywhere near me, but they have free shipping on them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've run both tires and enjoyed both tires. The BFG is a little more quiet on the road and you will get more mileage with them as well. The SSR's come in a wider variety of sizes and will perform better in sloppy mud situations. For a dd, I would suggest the BFG's but you will not be dissappointed either way.

DD

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well 4wheelparts has free shipping, and i think they have the lowest anyway if i recall correctly. They have the best deal to my best knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts