Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DCRCPC = Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat or what most folks here in Alabama call Crimson (RTR).

I'm finally getting around to starting my build thread for my 2012 JKU Sahara after 4 years of ownership.

Way back in history, Had use of a friends CJ while in the Navy and another friend had a YJ years later that kept my interest. Went to go buy my own in 1995 but just could come to a deal so I strayed to Nissan and Toyota trucks and eventually back to cars. 2012 was finally my year for a Jeep.

Didn't go shopping for a Jeep but saw this one at a local dealership and stopped to check it out.

I liked it so I special ordered a Jeep early spring of 2012, it went into production Mar 30, 2012 and it was delivered to me the end of April 2012. Officially it is the 777,820 JK produced.

It came to me as follows:
JKU
Auto
3.73 gears w/ Limited slip
430N
Side air bags
Dual top
Color matched hard top
No leather
Max Tow package
Auto Climate control
Heated seats
Remote start

Very soon after the delivery I quickly added:
Quadratec floor and cargo mat
Coverking neoprene seat covers
Neoprene console cover (that vinyl will take skin off when it gets hot!)
Lift in the garage for the hardtop

I was happy with it like this for a while. It was new, shiny and gorgeous. I then found the Jeep forums and all the catalogs and the upgrade process began.
Bestop element doors
Filled soundbar and woofer enclosure with poly-fill
Hacked 430N and updated the software
Added a roll top enclosure to the center dash cubby

Then the stock tire FINIALLY wore out. Woohoo! Ordered 275/75-18 BFG KO2's and added some 1.5" spacers. It looked awesome, but I wanted more so I added:

Craigslist find Smittybuilt side steps (not really what I wanted but better than OEM plastic ones)
JW Speaker EVO J headlights
American Flag tail light covers (free)

...And that it where things slowed down. I purchased a 2004 Rubicon TJ for my oldest son and all my "fun money" went into building it up (see link in my sig).

In the last month or so things have ramped back up on my build and I have added:
Ram mounts cell phone holder
AEV black Pintlers 17x8.5
315/70-17 BFG KO2
OPAR angry bird grill
30w LED Fogs (not yet installed)
"dipped" the silver bunper inserts black

And for the win..............ordered a Metalcloak 2.5" Overland lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. Jeep started at the following heights at the pinch seams.

Front - 18 1/4"
Rear - 19 1/8"

After the lift

Front - 22 1/4"
Rear - 22 1/2"

:)

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Coming along nicely, looking forward to more pics with the new lift on!

-Steven

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still have a few things left to do:
Alignment (probably a waste of $85 because it feels great right now)
Exhaust spacers did not make it on.
Front Brake lines did not make it on
Need to extend axle breather hoses

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Need to extend axle breather hoses
I re-routed mine with the same lift and I think the stock length will work since the connection is near the center and gets less articulation.

I also left my middle parking brake bracket disconnected, but I bent it tighter around the lines so it doesn't rattle or disappear.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I re-routed mine with the same lift and I think the stock length will work since the connection is near the center and gets less articulation.

I also left my middle parking brake bracket disconnected, but I bent it tighter around the lines so it doesn't rattle or disappear.

I was able to adjust the front but now it's 6" lower than what it was.

Front brake lines are now done.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thank you for the before pics with the 315s. I bit the bullet and got 315s (Nitto G2s) as well, been worrying all week if they would fit. What did the KO2s measure vs what all the sites say?

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Getting closer to being off-road ready. Brake lines are now on and the axle vent hoses have been extended.

Used the same routing and clips on the front at the lower end.

Then brought it up near the fire wall up top.

The back end was a little tricky. Moved the stock clamp over near the center of the frame cross member.

Ran it up behind the fender flare liner and into the tail light cavity.

I need to get a stick-on zip tie holder but for now it sits like this.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Little funny for y'all.

Wife came in the house today and said what are those ugly red things under the Jeep?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts