Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought the Rubicon express 3.5" standard lift kit, and my installer said I should look into replacing the steering stabalizer shock. I did look around and noticed most come with a relocation kit. Is this necessary? All that is being replaced up front is an adjustable track bar.
I am not looking for the best/most expensive kit, just something stronger than stock, so if you have any recommendations, that would be so helpful.

Thanks for reading, and Jeep On!!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
nah, factory is good. You can loosen it up and rotate it toward the top a little, that gets it up out of the way.

If your jeep is properly set up, it is more than capable.

·
Super Moderator
7,002 Posts
Unless you break your factory SS, at which point you can replace it with another stock one or go all fancy on it. But the stock one seems to work well and does not have any of the issues some replacements units have (like constant pulling to one side). They don't seem to break / go bad too often, either.
There is a SteerSmart set up that goes in addition to the stock SS. It does improve the steering feel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I added a rancho stabilizer a few months ago. Stock unit had a small dead spot. Rancho was same price as stock and feels a lot beefier. No relocation bracket needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts