Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first start of the mourning, my 94 auto 4cyl will stall or try to stall within 30 seconds of starting. the rpms will rise and hover at 1000rpms then it'll try and stall. I'll give it some gas and rev it a few times till it rites itself and idles normally. The process takes about 2 mins. In Oct. I replaced the distributor,plugs,crankshaft posision sensor, ecm.Yesterday I had the oil changed,new oil filter,and the ail cleaner is new also. The problem started last week and only does it at the first start after sitting all night. Any suggestions would help, Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the codes.33 a/c clutch relay. I don't have a/c.35radiator fan controll relay circuit. 5 , I checked the haynes book for the codes and 5 isn't listed. Would these affect the start up process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would start with the sensor, either the throttle or engine positioning. My 92 is doing the same thing and my roommate/mechanic found that to be the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I started it up today. No problems. I usually have the heater running at start up. Today I didn't. Maybe is it too much of a load at first. I'm not thinking the fuel pressure cause it doesn't have a problem firing up. Maybe a choke issue or air to fuel. I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you all for a response.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Does not the temp sensor on these have something to do with fast idle on start up. I remember I had a problem with an 85 Toyota PU that had the same symptoms, turned out to be bad temp sensor....just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts