Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1995 Wrangler. Runs great. I took it to a brushless carwash, turned it off during wash and it wouldn't start for about 10 minutes.
Anyone have the same problem?
I'm worried about going off roading......will it stall if I go through a huge puddle?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had a similar issue. Took it to wash it and after it wouldn't start. Push started it to get it home. Replaced the battery, alternator, starter, checked every fuse about 40 times. Spent about 8 hours trying to figure it out. Finally got pissed and decided to start replacing shit I could replace. First thing I did was the positive battery cable. Sure enough... it fired right up. It was one of the last things I expected to fix it.

Try doing that. It's really easy. All you need to do is run to advance auto or auto zone and buy a couple positive battery cables. Snip the ends off and clamp them down in a big cable end. One cable goes to the fuse box, one to the starter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used to have this problem when it rained. It would start and drive for a little but after a short while it would stall and not start. It would crank and crank but nothing. I was told that if you have air conditioning but some component isnt working properly, the moisture gets into something and causes this. This sounds very odd but maybe something to check over?? idk lol

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Start with good ignition wires and cap, dielectric grease on all plug and coil boots, clean and lube battery and starter connections....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts