Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday on my way to do some off roading (1 hour, 15 minute drive, started to happen after a solid hour of highway driving at 70 mph) when I was slowing down to near idle at a stop light, *it sounded like I was going to stall. But when at normal speeds (10 mph plus) I was fine. When i slowed down, my oil pressure gauge went to almost zero. after a 20 minute break when I got there (paid, got my whip flag) she was totally fine. After a good three ish hours of driving, I drove though a deep puddle, only half a wheel deep, she stalled for a second then came back to life. After that, I decided to leave and not push my luck. Then the same stalling problem as before came back. But the oil gauge didn't go back to zero. I'm thinking either the spark plugs are dirty and or the O2 sensors are messed up or the fuel injectors could be clogged.

I have a 97, automatic, 2.5.

·
Registered
135 Posts
might also be a lot of carbon build up... id check that out and then the spark plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts