Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Standard Mopar JK Soft Top - Windows Tinted or Clear?

Hey Guys,

So I can't seem to find a solid answer on this anywhere on the forum.

I'm planning to order the standard Mopar soft top (PN 82213649).

My question is.....are the windows tinted or clear?

Thanks
Brett

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm.....that's interesting because on Mopar's site for the same PN it doesn't say anything about tinted windows.

"Complete Soft Top Kit with folding framework. The Soft Top is made of either a tough, vinyl-coated cotton/poly blend or the new premium acrylic fabric providing thicker four-ply, tight, quieter ride. Tops feature two quick-release header latches to raise and lower with minimal effort. Zip-out windows, heavy duty seams and exclusive door frame system minimizes wind noise and water leaks. A Storage Bag for the soft windows, and a special Boot to stow the folded top is also available if desired.
Additional Details: Black Standard Fabric, Sunrider design, complete kit, 2 door"

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
I have a 2008 top here and it came with tinted windows. Regular top, not premium.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would highly recommend the premium top much better quality and better fit
That's what I've gathered from reading a couple of different posts on here. If I was going to run it all year I would totally do the premium, but the hardtop is nice for here in Michigan. The hardtop will go back on when the season changes back in the fall though, so I'll just be going with the standard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts