Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many will not start threads but none the same as this issue. My 2016 Back country JKU...Halo LED headlights, LED blinkers, LED Halo Fog lights. I have verified connections and wiring for all lights.

Issue,
9 out of 10 times the Key will not start the Jeep. All lights come on security light comes on and goes off, but it will not click or turn over. Remote Start (factory OEM) always works, unlock doors insert key turn forward and all is good then drive away.

What I've done:
* Replaced battery
* Cleaned battery connections
* Checked fuses (all)
* Checked all halo wires and connections

I'm thinking it sounds like the Actuator pin issue I have read about with the TJs but I'm not sure the 2016 JKU has the same.

Anyone have any thoughts.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Do you have JScan or a decent scanner you can plug in and read live data?

I'd look for the live data in both the WCM and the TIPM to see if it's receiving the right information from the ignition switch. From the ignition switch there are 2 wires that go out. One sends 12v to the TIPM and to the WCM when the key is in start. The other wire goes to the Wireless Control Module (WCM). This wire will have somewhere between 0-5v depending on what position the key is in. The WCM interprets this and then broadcasts a message on the CAN as to what position the key is in and to initiate a start if the key is in start.

Not sure how much the TJ actuator pin applies to the JK. But with a scan tool you can see what the computers are seeing. Then troubleshoot from there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If it's an auto, get under the thing and look at where the shifter cable mounts to the tranny bracket. Mine started coming out and shifting feel became weird on the trail. Then it wouldn't start. It had fallen completely out. 1 second repair putting it back in place. I have no idea why it came out, but I could not rule out a branch getting up there and pulling it part way out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts