Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started the Herculiner project......damn the prep work!!! It's wearing me out, but I know how important it is. I'll post before and after pics when I'm done........:eek:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here we go........

Gettin there....

Starting to see the metal.....

Shew..........

Lotta elbow grease.....

Will start first coat of Herculiner on Tuesday or Wednesday

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Do you have to prime it to do a spray in job? I thought most of the roll on applications you just prep and clean with a degreaser.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have to prime it to do a spray in job? I thought most of the roll on applications you just prep and clean with a degreaser.
No it is not "a have to", but I wanted to paint the inside a little to freshen it up sides since I am not going to herculine the entire tub. I read that if you put down a rust resistant primer paint, the herculiner will adhere better. Guess I'll find out. It was to [email protected]$n much work to take a chance, especially since the previous owner had already half arse attempted to put some kind of liner down as you can see in first pics. I was afraid to take a chance on herculiner not binding to it....

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Anyone on the forum ever use Grizzly Grip? From their website it looks like a good product. Comes in about 25 colors, with uv protection. Rolls on.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack your thread... You guys can move it if you want.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone on the forum ever use Grizzly Grip? From their website it looks like a good product. Comes in about 25 colors, with uv protection. Rolls on.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack your thread... You guys can move it if you want.
I haven't heard of the Grizzly grip liner. I believe that Herculine now offers a few different colors for your jeepn' pleasure. I believe the colors are black, grey, white and I think there is one more.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ive already done this, I bought the kit. All I did was mask off everything and hit what I was going to cover with the red scratch pad, then roll on. No primer no bear metal.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive already done this, I bought the kit. All I did was mask off everything and hit what I was going to cover with the red scratch pad, then roll on. No primer no bear metal.
Sounds great. Got any pictures of finished product?

·
Registered
274 Posts
What about the Dupli-Color stuff? I have seen this around in addition to the Herucliner. They even have some in aerosol cans that looks easier than rolling it on. Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here we go........

Gettin there....

Starting to see the metal.....

Shew..........

Lotta elbow grease.....

Will start first coat of Herculiner on Tuesday or Wednesday
First coat of rolled Herculiner....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should get on final coat tomorrow.......

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First coat of rolled Herculiner....

and finally the second coat........

Will do touch ups tomorrow if needed and installing seats Thursday.....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody know where to get a set of floor plugs?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Anybody know where to get a set of floor plugs?
I bought a set off ebay for like $12, came in a bag, we used the rustoleum truck bed finish on our YJ. Put 4 coats, two on a friday and two more on sat, we just divided the mix in half. Had to clean out the drain holes though with a hand made reamer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx so much for posting this and being so thorough with the pics. It looks GREAT. I bet you're thrilled with the results! :)
Yes, I'm pleased. I was reluctant to start this, but I'm glad now that I did.

Before

After

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
One word of advice, don't crawl around on that stuff, will make your knees a bloody mess and destroy pants material as if the belt loop ripper was not a pia...:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts