1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Issue:
I was driving home Thursday and about halfway home my engine started to have what I will refer to as a-fib.... Some of you will understand.... Check engine light came on flashing while driving... I pulled into the gas station freaking out.... popped the hood gave it a good look.... jumped back in turned it off and then started it again... a-fib continued... while sitting at idle check engine light solid and not flashing... 6 miles from home so I took the chance... accelerating out of the parking lot the load of the engine problem feels worse then kind of dies down after gaining rpms... only to see my light flashing again after keeping it above 2k rpms... today I changed plugs and coils... still got a-fib... no code present from key roll and when I went to the parts store the scan tool they hooked up said failed to link...

I am a Heavy equipment Tech and I'm good at figuring out things... not so good on smaller vehicles... any help on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,008 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Congrats on owning a Wrangler!

Sorry about your issue. I have also. Worked on D11 Dozers, and 350 Ton mine Haulage trucks. So yep, our Wranglers seem like toys..lol

Try removing your battery termnals and hold the ends together for about 30 seconds reset the computers. I'm guessing that your coolant is full and not overheating.

If it happens again take it to your Dealer. If the warrning light comes on you can still drive it, but if it flashes have it towed to your Dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I will give it a shot and let you know what the results are... I know it will make the light go out just not sure it will correct the engine problem...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
BTW if the check engine light starts flashing it means shut down ASAP or it will cause more damage...

·
Registered
828 Posts
From OM:
When the engine is running, the MIL may flash to alert serious conditions that could lead to immediate loss of power or severe catalytic converter damage

It looks like it was missfiring dumping gas into converters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts