Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a scratch my head kinda problem. Jeep always starts great... unless am in a hurry and forget to put the cylinder in the lock position. If it stays in the on position for even 5 min, the jeep wont do anything with i turn the key. THE DANG STARTER IS SEIZED. So a few quick taps with a wrench and the jeep turns over first start. So just change the starter? anyone else had the problem before? No other time does it seize:facepalm:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had the same problem with my starter not engaging, had to do the same 'taping' maneuver and it works. Mine just gets oil in it somehow and I clean it out every now and then, spray it down with some quicklube spray can and I don't have any problems. It's been we'll over a year since my starter acted up and no signs since

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mine was acting funny check the positive wire going to the starter mine was very loose and dirty and I put a new one on and its fine now after I bought a new batt -_-

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I have experienced this as well. Mine leaks oil all over down there so hitting that with some cleaner helps. I also had a problem with corrosion on the bat lead wires that took me a while to figure out. It would almost start then nothing like the starter seized but it just was not getting all the juice from the battery. Was kinda frustrating there for a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts