Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unable to determine what is causing (randomly) the starter solenoid, ignition coil, and or the ignition control module to fail necessitating replacement. The components get to hot to touch. Over random periods of time one or more of the mentioned components will fail after the vehicle is turned off. It has not stopped running while traveling, but may fail to start after having been parked for an undetermined period of time. All the wiring has been checked and rechecked for integrity and routing. Some wires replaced due to insulation issues. I checked voltage at the coil and starter solenoid and found it to be steady @ 13.4-13.6V with the engine running. The time required for one or more components to fail varies.

Desperate

·
Registered
26 Posts
sounds like the problem is heat related. Could be something as little as the bushing on the distributor shaft is worn and creating excess heat that in turn is frying these components

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is the ignition module grounded happen to me when I first got mine the whole tub was replaced with fiberglass and my module was not touching any metal I experienced the same problems car wouldn't start and the coil would get hot

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts