Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've had jeeps for awhile and recently got a stock JK and am looking for some starter modifications (wheel/tiress, small-reasonable lift, cosmetic/armor, etc.), keep in mind it'll be a daily.

Would love to hear about what things you chose to tackle first, or any opinions you guys have on brands, or certain upgrades. I've got some ideas, but like I said no JK experience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's really up to you what you feel is most important.

I started with a Teraflex budget lift (removes factory Rake) and gives you a little more clearance (2 inches front, 1 inch back)

Added a Tuffy 299 trunk enclosure. Feel a little more secure with a soft top on.

Added LED headlights. The stock ones are rather weak.

Then a little "armor" which have little actual value aside from looks...hahah (tail light guards, front grill guard)

Aside from some decals (American Flag and Eugene Decal), left everything else as is.

...........for now.

Mine is a daily driver also. If I decide go out, and do some off roading, and feel my experience would improve with more upgrades, I will do so...but, I am pretty happy where I stand now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My first task was to protect the interior. Seat covers, good floor mats and cargo mat. I've got a center console cover on order (have a dog). I want to keep the value of my Jeep high. I added a few cosmetic things like a stubby antenna, LED taillights, some Aux lights on my windshield pillar.

Now that my interiors covered, I can worry about the exterior. I'm not going to be doing monster rock climbing or anything yet so I don't have too much to worry about. It's my daily and weekend warrior so I want to keep it comfortable yet capable.

I think it all boils down to; what you plan on doing with it, if you plan on reselling it down the road, and what direction you want the Jeep to go in (stock vs lifted etc)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick info. I'm still figuring out what I direction I want to go as well, was just looking to see what some of you all started by doing and how you liked it.

I guess had good luck with spacer lifts in the past, so I'm thinking hard about that. Also aftermarket wheels and a good set of ATs

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
I have no regrets on my current upgrades, however I would do it in a different order. I would xpel the front grill/headlights first to prevent rock chips (I would also do the front window too), hothead or similar headliner (if hardtop), and warpig offroad rear seat spacer/center seat support.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I did security and comfort....that's basically it. No lifts or wheels or anything like that.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
First was the grill guard
Next was quadratec led's and floor liners
Bestop trektop nx
Magnaflow dual exhaust

Then the daily little things..,cell phone mount, rear waste basket, grab handles. I'll most likely never lift mine (4th jeep and never needed a lift) but 32 or 33"tires and some different rims are probabky next

1 - 8 of 8 Posts