Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell that a Starter is going out. Because it seems its taking a little longer for it to start.

2006 LJ Rubi 6spd

·
Registered
54 Posts
It will get where it drags bad when you go to crank it. It's kind of hard to explain without hearing it. What exactly is yours doing to make you think it's going out?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
If your engine is just turning over then eventually start, then the starter is not likely the culprit. I would look into a weak battery or fuel related issues.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's still working but just seems to take alittle longer sometimes to start, but as far as the battery goes its about 1-2yr old duralast that the last owner put in it. Also it doesn't seem to be making any funny sounds.

I'm also in the process of changing the plugs out, but when I put the new ones in and put everthing back together it wouldn't even run. So I then took everything back apart and put the orginal plugs that have 90,000 on them back in and it started right back up, so I figure later today I would go and change the plugs back around and see if they work.

·
Registered
442 Posts
mine started to get slower and slower until it eventually reached a point where it wasnt engaging the flywheel teeth. Replaced it in 20 minutes and its night and day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts