Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jeep wrangler 04 4.0 when i start it in the mornings to move it right after i started it then when i get back in it doesn't want to start right i have to h old the gas peddle down to start it i wonder if someone has had this problem its just another thing they couldn't fix at the dealership. Its almost like its flooded or somethin.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
last winter.. sumhow i got water in my gastank.. i had to hold the gas down to start it.. but also.. sumtimes my jeep wont go into park right.. the knob locks up n everything.. jus gotta push it up more into or jus sit and wiggle it.. also pumpin the brake a few times.. for sum reason that fixes my jeeps starting problem.. it happens like once a week

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Sounds like an electrical problem. Safety interlock (neutral safety or park selector). Perhaps the ignition switch?

You should never have to apply the gas pedal to start a car that has electronic ignition...it will actually flood it.

Is it cranking at all when you turn the key or is it dead?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its ok if i let it warm up its just when i start it up and then turn it back off then try to start it it acts like its flooded or somethin. Kinda like its gettin too much gas at first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts