Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 16 Sahara stock and starting from scratch with this one. Mostly for joyriding instead of offroading. So nothing fancy needed. I want it to be cost affective and not hurt the wallet.

The key is, I need it to fit in my 6 Foot & 7 inch Garage. I had a 13 stock sahara previously that measured 5 foot 11 inches with base tires and wheels and no lift with hard top which obviously fit fine.

So again, I need some guidance on what size tires would be best (I'm getting 18' wheels) and What size lift would be best.
I originally wanted 33's with a 3' lift.

I don't know what I need to not worry about rubbing and if I need spacers or not. I'm a little new at this... I want it to drive nice too since I'm not doing offroading....More of a focus on daily driving comfort and steering. Attached is a pic of what you'd be helping me build...

If you could give me some brands to go look at it would be helpful. Thanks guys!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
The options and opinions are endless check out the sticky post on Beginners guide to lifting youo jeep.... lots of great information

·
Registered
222 Posts
image-1452310575.jpg

I have Rock Krawler 1.5" coils and BFG KO2s in 285/70/17. That's a little shy of a 33" tire. Plan is to go to flat fenders and 35s with just 1.5" lift to keep LCOG. You definitely don't need 3" of lift to run 33s and it might look like your Jeep skipped leg day, per se. Even 33s with a 2.5" of lift looks out of proportion to me.

Look at the Rock Krawler 1.5" kits, Tereflex 1.5" spacer and coil lifts, and I think Synergy has some 1" or 2" lift coils. I've also seen good things said about the Rancho 2" sport lift, and it comes with new shocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts