Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started about 2 weeks ago. I flipped.
The car was on its side, on the side of a steep hill for a couple of hours whilst my group and I were trying to figure out a way to recover it.

Oil did get into the cylinders, I had to pull the plugs out and turn it over to get it out. Afterwards it was a smoke show the whole ride back home.

The issue is most prevalent in warm starts . It's not as bad as on cold starts. The crank over takes a while then when it fires up it stumbles for a little bit then the idle smooths out.

Giving it gas helps start it. Occasionally I get a puff of smoke. Cant tell the color of the smoke because it dissipates before I can get a good look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Should this be moved to the Jeeps parking by Jeeps thread? Going off that picture...:)

Sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Check engine cylinder compression.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If oil hydrolocked the engine there could be internal damage. Best to eliminate this possibility before you troubleshoot everything else.

Your air filter may be soaked with oil, anything. Catalytic converter may have drowned in oil. First make sure you didn't bend a rod or something.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Pull all plugs do compression test or better still leak down test if any are low

Change oil and examine old oil carefully

Look at and compare spark plug appearance

And don't call it a car

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts