Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the 2012 JKUS in Flame Red was finally replaced with a 2014 JKUR in Billet.

The mods on the 2012 are in this thread:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/let-the-mods-begin-159360.html

Now I start over on the new rig.

First, I put the tires and wheels from my 2012 on my 2014 - I do not like the look of the new Rubicon wheels and this allows me to sell the tires/wheels as a set locally (I even left the TMPS in them for quick sale).

Next, the floor mats and trashcan were an easy add, and just in time for a Hike on Mt, Rainier this past weekend.

Next will be the RR metal Grill I removed from the 2012, and IPF headlights - I already had most of the parts for this laying around so it was the easiest option.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a note, this is a replacement for my 2012 under the Washington State Lemon Law. The 2012 has water leaks which could not be solved after 9 visits to two dealers.

The entire process took almost six months - but much of that time was due to my selection of replacement vehicle.

Chrysler bought me out of my 2012, AND paid for the mods that I had receipts for which could not be reasonably moved to the 2014 - which is IN EXCESS of what was required of them under the law. Nothing but good things to say about that.

They would not pay for my tires (logical - it is a wear item), so I moved them to my new rig.

The time was long because I couldn't find a JKUS like the one I had locally (read: with the proper equipment) so they ordered one for me. Naturally, orders take a while to come in.

Near the end of that wait, I found a Rubicon locally without a lot of the 'upscale' options I don't care for and don't want to pay for - so I asked if it was possible to switch to the Rubicon instead. Once again, they exceeded expectations by allowing that, even though they had already ordered me a vehicle.

Without my order or late switch, this is probably a 2-3 month process at most.

Huge props to Chrysler to handling this well, and to Larson Jeep in Puyallup for handling the processing of this over such a long stretch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Love the color, just picked up a JKU Sport S in the same color. I like the Rubicon wheels better though. I would be interested in yours, but doubt that you are local enough to me.
He put Rubicon wheels back on it, just the previous model Moab Rubicon wheels.

Good to hear they took care of you!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like you are in West Virginia jawest12, so probably a little far from Washington State!

I'll also be looking for the tube-style Mopar steps to replace the Rubicon rails, as my kids use them to get aboard

·
Registered
54 Posts
ChiefDan said:
As a note, this is a replacement for my 2012 under the Washington State Lemon Law. The 2012 has water leaks which could not be solved after 9 visits to two dealers.

The entire process took almost six months - but much of that time was due to my selection of replacement vehicle.

Chrysler bought me out of my 2012, AND paid for the mods that I had receipts for which could not be reasonably moved to the 2014 - which is IN EXCESS of what was required of them under the law. Nothing but good things to say about that.

They would not pay for my tires (logical - it is a wear item), so I moved them to my new rig.

The time was long because I couldn't find a JKUS like the one I had locally (read: with the proper equipment) so they ordered one for me. Naturally, orders take a while to come in.

Near the end of that wait, I found a Rubicon locally without a lot of the 'upscale' options I don't care for and don't want to pay for - so I asked if it was possible to switch to the Rubicon instead. Once again, they exceeded expectations by allowing that, even though they had already ordered me a vehicle.

Without my order or late switch, this is probably a 2-3 month process at most.

Huge props to Chrysler to handling this well, and to Larson Jeep in Puyallup for handling the processing of this over such a long stretch.
Glad everything worked out so well with Chrysler. I like the older wheels better too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Light Jeep mods today. First we have the before,

and a closeup of what we are fixing. The stock headlights are a liability, and there is no protection from a rock thrown into your transmission cooler and radiator.

Installed proper lighting and a mesh grate, as well as a combination bug deflector/hood protector.

Also added a tailgate protector.

Parts are the Bushwacker Trail Armor Bug Guard and Tailgate Protector :Bushwacker 14013 - Bushwacker TrailArmor Bug Guard & Tailgate Protector for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

IPF Headlights kit: IPF 920H4 JK Headlight Kit (JK_920H_KIT)

Truck Light Pigtail adaptors, because the IPF ones are poor: Truck-Lite LED Pigtail Adapter, H4 to H13, Sold Each - 96630 - Headlights - Lights - Lighting

Rugged Ridge Mesh Grille Screen: Rugged Ridge Mesh Grille Screen Insert - Gloss Black - 11401.31

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hood Decal Installed.

Hardware stripped for install:

After:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
If I were you, I would look at the Poison Spyder Hood Louvre. Its much better than a decal. If you are going to mod it, you might as well have a functional mod. Plus, the Poison Spyder looks much better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the look of the black on red, in fact I had bought this hood decal almost two years ago for my flame red 2012.

Louvres/heat reduction hoods are not even a concern for me though, the 3.6 in the Pacific Northwest does just fine on heat, and i'd be more concerned with water ingress during rain up here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The IPF loosen over time - I had two of them fail - the TruckLite harness gives a more positive lockup. They are noticeably tighter on install.

My Door gas door is in place....now I have to decide rather I am sticking with the Yakima rack system like I had before or going with a Gobi Rack....hmm....

Yakima is cheaper (I already have most of it, just have not installed the base rails and risers), and Gobi would generate more wind noise on the highway 24/7 and this is a daily driver.

But I could sell the Yakima system and it's parts to offset some of the Gobi cost, and the Gobi carries more weight and does not drill through the hardtop...

decisions....decisions...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next up:

LoD full width front with a Warn M-8000 and Rigid E series 10" Hybrid.

Will add a Rigid SR-Q for a backup light, and an EVO 1.5 HD leveling kit to take the nose droop out of adding the steel up front.

Pacing item is the LoD bumper, so it may be awhile before it is all together.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aug 15 2014 Update

Back from Northridge for the first big mods.
Added:

LOD Front Bumper with Roadmaster tow bar brackets and skid plate
Warn M-8000
Rigid 10" Hybrid Light Bar

EVO 1.5" HD Leveling Kit

ARB On-Board Air Compressor

Rugged Ridge A-pillar switch pod

Rigid SRQ Light on the tail light

·
Registered
12 Posts
glad to hear

I live in puyallup and both my brothers work for Larson as salesmen. Glad to hear the company took care of you. love the bumper too! I need to replace my retro tube bumpers ASAP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts