Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have my first JK 2014. It has been giving me problems with starting. I turn it over and it intermittently feels like it's trying to turn over then just kicks in after 30 sec to a min. Took it into the dealer who told me there's no problems and JK 's and caravans have this but there isn't an issue. Just wondering if anyone else has had this or are they just giving me a line. Thx for your help

·
Commercial Member
116 Posts
My 01 tdi starts better than my 14 JKUR. It cranks for a unusual amount of time before it starts. I haven't wasted my time talking to the dealer about it since they won't do jack until a cel is on. What part of the country are you located in? My JKUR doesn't like the cold and has only acted like it when cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly it jkmonster. I'm in Ontario and mine doesn't like the cold much either. Your right the dealer did nothing. Thanks for your responses

·
Registered
973 Posts
Just an fyi, there is another thread on this somewhere, and it ended up with a part being replaced..I got a 2012, but it was the newer model that were affected.I don't remember what it was, but the dealer's were replacing them...Do some more searching on the threads

·
Commercial Member
116 Posts
My 1998 ZJ had the crank shaft position sensor go. It was common on the 4.0 guess Chrysler hasn't lesrned their lesson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts