Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm having some intermittent problems starting my Jeep and wanted get your thoughts on what the problem might be.

I've got a 2011 JKU with a Superchips 91 Tow Tune added about two months ago. I replaced the battery about three months ago.

A few times in the past month, I turn the key to start the engine, and I hear it start to turn over, then all of the sudden it just stops. Almost like the computer is telling it to stop for some reason. It'll do it about two or three times, then just start up like normal. Happens every couple of weeks or so.

I'm thinking it's either the starter going bad, a bad connection to the battery, or it has something to do with the Superchips tune.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It could be that your Wireless Control Module/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module is going bad. There were problems with 07 and 08's regarding this and it has also happened with later models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this same issue in my '11 (JK, no U). Last time it happened, I went out to my Jeep and when I unlocked the doors, the horn chirped. Thought that was odd.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had something similar happen awhile back... Replaced battery, replaced starter, put it in neutral.... none of that helped.

In the end, it was a bad ground on the battery. Try grounding the batter to a bolt on the alternator and see if that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BlackBearJK, have you been able to solve your problem? If so what approach worked. I'm having the same problem with my JK.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also have a starting problem with my 07 Unlimited Wrangler. Every so often it will crank for about a half of second and won't start. I just tried to take it out of park then jam it back to park and it seemed to work... Is that just a coincidence or could it still be my WCM? I was wondering if there may be some sort of parking switch/transmission sensor that might be worn? Any help would this would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have a starting problem with my 07 Unlimited Wrangler. Every so often it will crank for about a half of second and won't start. I just tried to take it out of park then jam it back to park and it seemed to work... Is that just a coincidence or could it still be my WCM? I was wondering if there may be some sort of parking switch/transmission sensor that might be worn? Any help would this would be great.
i've experienced the same problem as you described, including the wiggling around of the gear selectorwhich often times allows me to restart without any problems.

The TSB May or may not applybecause it does not address anything having to do with theelectrical connections associated with the shift lever, such as security system/Starter interrupt. I've talked to the dealer and Jeep customer service and they want me to bring in my Jeep for a service visit. Haven't done that yet because I needed to get around. I will repost the TSBand update the thread after I talk with service once again.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts