Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm beginning my "phase 1" of Jeep mods. Going with the Teraflex 3" 8 arm w/track are kit, their HD hinge/carrier, 35" Mickwy Thompson MTZ P3.

I was originally going to go with the Procomp 7005 wheels because they have the 4.5" bs and they happened to be a 17x8 wheel. The guy doing the build for me recommended the Procomp 7036 instead though with the Teraflex 1.25" wheel adapter ("spacer") since it has 4.75" bs. He said the 9" rim will be better for my daily driving and the wider stance of the Jeep because of the spacer will make it more solid (read stable).

My only concern is that I knew nothing about spacers until I started researching them yesterday as I'd always just looked for the back spacing. I'm also not sure on the pros/cons of. 17x8 vs 17x9. I won't be doing a ton of off-roading and when I air down it'll be in the mid teens.

So, with that long preamble.....

Anyone have this or very similar setup with or without spacers and can post pics?

Thoughts on the 7005 vs. 7036 with spacers? Any rubbing with just the 4.5bs on 7005?

This is a great shop in the area so I'm not doubting his advice at all - I'm just very analytically minded so trying to gather as much info as I can.

On a different but related note - Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator or Superchips Flashcal?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The wheel he is suggesting is 4.75" BS before the spacer? That's going to stick way out if that is the case, you're effectively making it a 3.5" BS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, exactly.

That's why I was hoping to see pics if anyone has a similar setup and get feedback on it. I know sticking far out or not is going to be a matter of personal preference to a certain extent so im mostly trying to understand any pros/cons plus get an idea of what it'd look like.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
There should be no need to run a spacer. Essentially you want to go with as little back space as possible for clearance only. 4.5-75 will be enough. It just adds leverage on the axles and looks goofy sticking as far out as possible. I personally run the flash cal. I have no issues with it. It just does what it's supposed to do and is easy to use. Going with a 9inch rim will allow the tires to look straight vertically if you can visualize what I'm saying. They won't bunch in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, good info - thanks!

Seems like I need to find a different wheel (would prefer 4.5 over 4.75 since that's what TF recommends).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts