Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!

My uncle is looking at a custom wrangler from starwood customs in Dallas.

Here are the included specs:

This Starwood Custom conversion includes:
Exclusive Kevlar liner finish in Bentley Dark Sapphire
Body-matched Kevlar on hardtop, fenders
Xenon Flat Fender Flares
4" Pro-Comp Performance Accessories brand lift kit; New Coils, Shocks and accessories
(2) 3/4” Suspension Bushings
Upgraded front steering stabilizer shock
17" Pro Comp Off Road Wheels in gloss black with machined accents
35" Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Smittybilt SRC Classic Front Bumper
Smittybilt XRC 10,000 Lb. Winch w/ Handheld Remote & 94' Kevlar Nylon Winch Rope w/ Protective Sleeve and Hook
Smittybilt SRC Side Armor Bars & Steps
Special Off/Road Heavy Duty Locking Lug Nuts with Key
Oversize Spare Repositioning Mount
(4) 6" Hella Off Road Lights (130 Watts)
(2) 3/4" Shackle Anchors
(2) D-Ring Isolators
Jeep fuel filler door
Headlamp and tail lamp guards

Any guesses on the kind of mileage that he would get with this set up? It will be a 2014 sport S that they are molding.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Maybe I missed it in the list, but without telling us what kind of gears it has, I don't know that MPG quotes will be that accurate.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Mike has a Sport-S, 17" wheels and 35" tires, on a TeraFlex 2.5" lift running 3.73s. He gets about 15MPG.

He's also carrying around ACE rails, ACE pro series rear bumper/carrier, ACE cargo rack, rampage full width recovery bumper, Superwinch 10,000, a high lift and a hard top ...and I think that's it! LOL

·
Registered
664 Posts
howdy all!

My uncle is looking at a custom wrangler from starwood customs in dallas.

Here are the included specs:

This starwood custom conversion includes:
Exclusive kevlar liner finish in bentley dark sapphire
body-matched kevlar on hardtop, fenders
xenon flat fender flares
4" pro-comp performance accessories brand lift kit; new coils, shocks and accessories
(2) 3/4” suspension bushings
upgraded front steering stabilizer shock
17" pro comp off road wheels in gloss black with machined accents
35" nitto trail grappler tires
smittybilt src classic front bumper
smittybilt xrc 10,000 lb. Winch w/ handheld remote & 94' kevlar nylon winch rope w/ protective sleeve and hook
smittybilt src side armor bars & steps
special off/road heavy duty locking lug nuts with key
oversize spare repositioning mount
(4) 6" hella off road lights (130 watts)
(2) 3/4" shackle anchors
(2) d-ring isolators
jeep fuel filler door
headlamp and tail lamp guards

any guesses on the kind of mileage that he would get with this set up? It will be a 2014 sport s that they are molding.
Wtf ??

Is that where the extra $10-12K over what you could build it for goes ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently it's like $12k for a 'Kevlar infused Matte paint job' and about $3k for mods. I would never drop that kind of cash on a paint job but it's his Jeep.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Apparently it's like $12k for a 'Kevlar infused Matte paint job' and about $3k for mods. I would never drop that kind of cash on a paint job but it's his Jeep.
Ok, didn't realize it was that expensive to paint, I was thinking more along the $4K - $5K mark for the coating then the mods on top of it.

I do like the look of the exterior on them though.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you want to drop that sort of cash iron a Jeep, you really shouldn't be worried what the mpg is.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
15mpg sounds about right.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know why he cares. I keep telling him, you don't buy a Jeep for fuel economy. He is used to putting premium in his DD now and once I told him the Jeep took regular he was ok with the milage.

Im just going to recommend he does what I do, not look at the fuel consumption, fill up when empty and enjoy it.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
They are beautiful paint jobs but oh my God!!! The price! :jawdrop:

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
I would agree with the 15mpg estimate.

I also would struggle with "value" on that purchase. A '14 Sport with 24S package and 3.73 and diff can be had for less than $30k here.

Like this: Cars for Sale: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport in Peoria, AZ 85382: Sport Utility Details - 364712069 - AutoTrader.com

Then for about $10k, you make it completely your own with everything on that list, and then some, and higher quality as well (not a bunch of Pro-Comp lift fans here)...

So if that paint job is worth $12k, that answers all of the questions.

We just want your uncle to think about it a little before pulling the trigger. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, He would essentially be buying an identical jeep to mine from the dealer (Sport S, 3.73) and giving it to Starwood to paint and mod. We paid 33k out the door for mine but my aunt wants heated leather seats so they are going to get that. He said he wants me involved in the purchase so I will try to make sure he gets what he wants but at the end of the day, its his Jeep and he is the only one that has to be happy with it. Thanks for all the responses!

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
He said he wants me involved in the purchase so I will try to make sure he gets what he wants but at the end of the day, its his Jeep and he is the only one that has to be happy with it.
Absolutely. I would also say that there should be lots of room for negotiation since there is a ton of profit in there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would say Starwood jeeps are for people who don't want to do modifications themselves. I work a mile from their dealership and I see their jeeps every week. Great looking and I would love the Kevlar paint job. That being said I would never buy one because I like making the decisions on the mods. I also would use better accessories, they use the lower end of accessories.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, it's Kevin with Starwood Motors. I just wanted to chime in and clear up that it's actually more like $6k for the Kevlar finish. Also, we start with a loaded Sport S (9 options and packages) with an MSRP of $34,600, so it's not a $30k Jeep. The paragraph in the OP lists the items in our most basic package, which is essentially a $15k mod (including Kevlar) and results in our base custom of around $50k. Most of our Jeeps add on to this spec (lift/bumper/winch upgrades, LED lightning, OEM-specialty colors, custom interiors, nav/audio upgrades... you name it), hence the higher prices on many. Also #2, our clients can absolutely make their own decisions on the mods & accessories -- about half of the 40 or so customs we complete each month are pre-sold customs from the client spec and result in a lot of "off the menu" Jeeps not seen on our site for sale. We sell a lot of Smitty and Pro Comp on our inventory builds bc most of our clientele aren't "Jeepers", would never find themselves on these forums and don't know or care enough to pay premium for higher end stuff. Different story on the custom jobs. OP, if you or your uncle need any assistance with the spec, please feel free to contact me directly. Not sure if it's cool to post my cell # here, so just ring the store and ask for Kevin. I've been customizing JK's at Starwood since the beginning and will make sure you guys are taken care of. Thanks to all and enjoy your holiday!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lets be fair here, there is more to that sentence that u left out. That part says they don't over charge for those parts but instead aren't the top of the line parts. Im not trying to be a D Head just don't wanna see a guy get clobbered for a sentence that was cut off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Kevin! He is in contact with someone from Starwood, I'm not sure who though. He said the plan was to buy a base jeep from the dealership and bring it to your shop, he's lease on the car he is replacing ends in December so I think he only in the looking stages now.

I am slightly worried that he is not going to like the ride of a 4" lift though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts