Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left behind an awesome 2002 Subaru WRX when I purchased my jeep a month back. One thing I am noticing is how calm I am now when I drive; I am completely happy being out of the fast lane cruising along at 6o mph. With my WRX, I was always in fast lane, driving hard, and taking corners aggressively...always fast and in a hurry. I kinda like this new way of looking at driving!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
My wife noticed that when I am driving my JKU topless, I always have a big smile. It is just fun driving the Jeep.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I drive a Mack Pinnacle for a living. My Rubi is a sports car in comparison. And I still drive it like the truck. What's the hurry? :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
566 Posts
100% same here bud. I went from a Z06 to a Jeep and no longer feel the need to be in the fast lane ultra type-A+ driver... I can ride nice and easy with this thing and still enjoy the ride.

The Jeep is by far the slowest vehicle I have ever really liked haha....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Update on my previous statement:

After reading this, Mrs. devnull apparently disagrees with my assessment that I am a calmer driver now. I disagree with her assessment of my assessment and multiply hers by -1

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
I traded a 2012 Challenger SRT 392 for the JKUS, and also feel more relaxed now that I don't have the urge to drive so fast.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I traded a 2012 Challenger SRT 392 for the JKUS, and also feel more relaxed now that I don't have the urge to drive so fast.
I traded a 2010 Challenger SRT in for my 2013 JK. I also drive much more relaxed. I used to use cruise to keep my speed down. Now I use it to make sure I keep my speed up. I get distracted easily and my wife yells at me in the jeep for going like 50 in a 60, lol.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I traded in a Mazdaspeed3 on mine. Now I find I'm always thinking about fuel mileage and trying to hypermile a Wrangler. I mean... it won't accelerate to get out of its own way, so I might as well forget about that aspect of driving and deal with what I've got.

I'm looking forward to going off road with it though. I made a point of driving through all the snow banks I could over the past while. :)

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I traded a Liberty with the 3.7L, which was actually pretty zippy considering the weight of that thing, for my Wrangler 3.6L. I still drive it like a sports car, lol. Although for a couple of weeks after purchasing my Wrangler, I noticed for some reason my face hurt after driving for a little while. I finally realized it was because of the big-ass smile on my face! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts
I left behind an awesome 2002 Subaru WRX when I purchased my jeep a month back. One thing I am noticing is how calm I am now when I drive; I am completely happy being out of the fast lane cruising along at 6o mph. With my WRX, I was always in fast lane, driving hard, and taking corners aggressively...always fast and in a hurry. I kinda like this new way of looking at driving!
24 years ago when I bought a Jeep it forced me to slow way down.. glad I did because I was practicing and sharpening my road racing skills on public highways. I took some fairly strong chances in our local mountains.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I fit this pattern. Last vehicle before my 2015 JKURHR was a 2003 Porsche 911 turbo I bought new. I drove it fairly aggressively but not dangerously. In the Jeep, I find myself programming the cruise control for 5mph UNDER the posted freeway speed of 70mph. I am happy to stop and smell the roses in the Jeep. The Jeep just begs to be driven slowly.

Joe

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It's kinda like going from a sports bike to a Harley! Just CRUISE! :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Left my tuned BMW 435 for mine. Could not agree more. Tires last longer, no longer looking out for cops and generally much calmer when I drive in and around chicago. Can't wait to find some trails.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Same here lol. I thought I was The only one. I traded my Infiniti G37 convertible for my 2015 jeep and never regretted it. I'm cruising in the hwy now instead of racing others and loving it.

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Although for a couple of weeks after purchasing my Wrangler, I noticed for some reason my face hurt after driving for a little while. I finally realized it was because of the big-ass smile on my face! :thumb:
Ditto!

I find the higher stance, the big windows and the lower speed make for a very different type of travel in a Wrangler.

All of a sudden, it is not just about getting to the destination fast, but noticing and appreciating things along the way that matter as much.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I haven't done much highway driving the past couple weeks I've had it but I've been doing the same. Not to mention 80 MPH is like 3000 RPM in mine and that'd probably guzzle gas. I could care less about actual fuel economy but I make the drive from Michigan to New Hampshire a couple times a year and with the small tank even drivimg reasonably you get lousy range. Looks like I'll be getting familiar with the gas stations on I80 and I90. Haha

·
Registered
371 Posts
Absolutely right. Somehow I can be perfectly content setting my cruise at 68 and just enjoying the ride, even out on I-80 where the speed limit is 80.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Yep. Know the feeling. My Jeep sits where 600+ HP used to sit and eventual death (probably)

Life is Better in a Jeep

1 - 20 of 36 Posts