Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 730 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have several threads that generate some chat activity. For the most part they work out fine. Now more than ever - stay light, connected, communicative.

Forum, Family, Work etc. I think things are going to get More locked down in the next week or so.... doesn't matter why but staying connected to a stress reliever makes us all better for the people and things that really matter.
Blow it off here .... smile at the spouse and kids - whoever.

For the record IMO - I think our front line folks are doing the typical American Work. Selfless sacrifice. Thankful to ALL who serve.
WE can do our part everyday in every way no matter how as long as it is positive and solution focused.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Yeah man - my team is on planes every week going into hospitals and laboratories ensuring instruments get the right start, which is of course critical to patient health. They are taking risks to help everyone and I couldn’t be more proud of my team.

I was in both a Costco and a local grocery store today to get supplies and I made sure to smile at people and especially to say thank you to everyone I interacted at that works at those stores, keeping food on the shelves and dealing with all the stressed people.

Amazing how fast this has melted down, but we are all in it together and have to have each other’s backs.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I'm in. Keep the discussion going so we can track each other as well. BTW - Jeep rides are great social distancing events.

Sadly, our Moab trip was cancelled by the campground yesterday. Oh well, I will need to find local trails to ride.

God bless and stay in touch.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Well, I'll tell you I live in real world, So Calif. This place is so shut down. The economy is crashed to the point it will take a long while for it to come back. This this will last at least another month before it peaks. There won't be much left. People are fighting over and stealing TP, all the ammo is gone, people are buying the food like it's the end. I am 68 with a little asthma so I am basically ordered to stay home. I really can't end up in the hospital because of my 87 year old mom and my 2 Bernese Mountain dogs. So I stay home and clean, and clean, and clean. All my dog shows are canceled and probably my summer vacation. Many of my friends have lost $100K + in their retirement. I am really just so pissed at the leaders of China for doing nothing in their self pride to allow this to happen to the world. They could have stopped this. They are nothing more than war criminals. OK rant over. Feels good. I am thinking of going with the TF 8 lug D60 hub and full float rear kit, perhaps do 4.56 at the same time. Some say its a total waste of time and money. My JK will never be an awesome rig and I can't go for a new JL so I am kind of married to it as many of us are. I am trying to just get through this in zombie land. Sorry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
These are trying times, I retired last year but the wife has 11yrs left so I am the shopper. The folks are in zombie mode and pinching pennies, watching folks walk up to the beef counter look at the price and walk away is heartbreaking because that is the new reality. Here in Vegas we went from BOOM to shutdown in 72hrs and this is just the beginning, I fear the next few weeks when things get down right desperate. Stay home, stay safe and no showboating, keep things to yourself. I do have some jeep things to get done but nothing pressing.

·
Super Moderator
9,235 Posts
I’m glad to be in a small town at the moment.

But I can’t recall the last time I saw a police patrol vehicle. Must be at least a week now. They are nowhere to be seen.

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
I went to get a haircut yesterday, the stylist that cuts my hair owns the place -- a nice salon in downtown Fullerton. She's in her late-40s, single parent and spent the last 8 years building this business while raising two daughters.

She's concerned about losing everything. Her business isn't considered "essential" as defined by the authorities. She leases the spaces, therefore the stylists are independent contractors and they've had a lot of cancelations.

She indicated if she's forced to close, the landlord will probably freeze the rent with a repayment plan, however it will be like starting over.

I feel bad for the small business owners that put everything on the line, took the risks and may be forced out of business due to something out of their control.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not overlyconcerned about the virus and still think it's over hyped and people's reactions are over the top, right now I'm more concerned about work and keeping myself/family afloat after the virus is gone. Really how the worst we get is a recession, god forbid a depression happens and it'll make the corona virus look like it was nothing

·
Registered
879 Posts
I’m glad to be in a small town at the moment.
My dental office is in a small town. Very small. We have a case. WTF.
It doesn't matter where you live. It's coming. We are so interconnected it can't NOT come. Good luck to everyone. I just wish this hit in May so I could be out doing yard work for a bit...

·
Super Moderator
9,235 Posts
My dental office is in a small town. Very small. We have a case. WTF.
It doesn't matter where you live. It's coming. We are so interconnected it can't NOT come. Good luck to everyone. I just wish this hit in May so I could be out doing yard work for a bit...
Yes. I know it’s coming. It’s not a matter of if but when.

What I meant is I’m glad I’m not piled up in a city surrounded by millions people at a time when keeping our distance is imperative.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
One of my sons is in the Corporate travel industry in NYC the other is in a hands-on client business.

Neither is making any money and will likely need to come live with me for a few months till this burns itself out.

Luckily I have the space and resources, but I've never seen anything like this before.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
More towards the spirit of this thread though - I'm hiking in a State park this weekend and have one of my favorite Jeep trail runs the following weekend.

The world will keep turning and I refuse to not have some normalcy in my life.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
We got a chance to collect our teaching supplies from my campus yesterday to begin virtual (online) classes until this calms down. Many of the professors agree that we've never seen anything like this and have attributed to one thing, social media! None of us remember this kind of panic when H1N1 occurred in 2009; it was pretty much business as usual. This time however, it seems people are in doomsday mode. Is it social media's influence, this particular generation's reaction to such issues, something else.... who knows.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
More towards the spirit of this thread though - I'm hiking in a State park this weekend and have one of my favorite Jeep trail runs the following weekend.

The world will keep turning and I refuse to not have some normalcy in my life.
Great sentiment and plan... I used to tell my kids. It's easy to be positive and forward thinking when everything is going well....the challenge is maintaining that attitude when things get tough and everyone around you is unraveling - that's when leaders emerge.
Two decided to serve on Active duty as Combat Arms Officers (Army Infantry/Field Artillery)

Hope as many that can - stay positive, don't dwell on the negative.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Well, here in Utah the stores are returning to more normal. I did see a bit of a run on gas yesterday after our earthquake but things are starting to settle down on the food and TP side. I reload all my own for everything except 22 and HMR 17 so I am set there. While I think we are in for a long bad time I do believe that the stores will return and people will calm down a bit. What I do worry about is gangs forming to steal what they have no money to buy. Be safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In rural Alberta, things appear to be ok. No large gatherings but the general attitude is pretty good. Went into the local town of 25,000 people for supplies. The large grocery store was well stocked. Hit Home Depot. Liquor store. all no issues.

I live on a lake and been meaning to strip and repaint my boat for 4 years now. Guess what!
The marine paint supplier, the upholster , the marine motor shop , all open and all in great attitudes. I was able to either pick up or oder what i needed with no delays or issues.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Folks. Our company is doing this for real. If you need a FREE tool that can do online meetings, communication, file sharing, etc. Check out this offer. This is legit and does not have hooks for users. We currently have two programs.

https://www.zoho.com/remotely/

https://www.zoho.com/esap/

Let me know if you have any questions. You can easily run a remote workforce with these tools as they are platform agnostic, browser agnostic, etc.

1 - 20 of 730 Posts