Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 1020 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Stay Frosty, reach out to distant friends and family now.
I'm guessing Comms may get locked down next week for emergency purposes.
At that point people will get wigged out.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
After this, travel, commuting, eating out, cruise ships, concerts, won’t be the same.

I can see someone developing the technology to scan passengers for serious health issues as we board a plane or enter into a public space.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
After this, travel, commuting, eating out, cruise ships, concerts, won’t be the same.

I can see someone developing the technology to scan passengers for serious health issues as we board a plane or enter into a public space.

Yes, this will change a lot of things. I travel a lot and really have not worried much about hand wipes, etc. That is now changed.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Yes, this will change a lot of things. I travel a lot and really have not worried much about hand wipes, etc. That is now changed.
Yep - I typically fly 75 - 100 segments a year, usually 2-3 weeks out of each month. 90 - 100 hotel stays a year. Never thought twice about it. Would have no problem getting on a plane tomorrow, but would definitely be wiping things down.

Also a member of the United club with cafeteria style food and snacks. I imagine that will be history forever.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Zen, I wonder about that. If that happens then all the buffet places will change and hotels will have a hard time serving at events unless they are plated.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Zen, I wonder about that. If that happens then all the buffet places will change and hotels will have a hard time serving at events unless they are plated.
Yeah - There is no doubt that a lot of things are gonna change after this and we will adapt.

Probably a lot of non-road warriors out there thinking "so what", but for a mega-traveler there are a lot of things that are going to change our world. Getting a quick and easy breakfast at the hotel before customer meetings or whatever is a big deal to the traveler. You don't have time to sit down at a restaurant and none of us want to do fast food.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm not overlyconcerned about the virus and still think it's over hyped and people's reactions are over the top, right now I'm more concerned about work and keeping myself/family afloat after the virus is gone. Really how the worst we get is a recession, god forbid a depression happens and it'll make the corona virus look like it was nothing

In a sense, we're waiting for new biotech, because this genie is not going back into the bottle. It's a corona virus, like the common cold, which is not going away either. It's going to take a breakthrough to "cure the common cold," that's the scientific challenge.

The recession is regrettable, but the alternative is to let everyone get it in the first year, so the healthcare system would be overloaded and people who could have been saved unnecessarily die.

Spreading it out over a period of years will save lives, but will also have a massive cost.

On the bright side, the incubation period is about 14-15 days, so 3 weeks off from work (i.e., 19 days) may contain this thing enough to allow everyone to go back to work, TBD.

Viewer discretion is advised:

https://thehill.com/opinion/interna...rth-the-global-coronavirus-crisis-into-motion

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
This is how far my company is looking into this. Today they gave us all papers that will allow us to drive to work and for work if martial law were to be declared. Apparently our business has been deemed a necessity according to management. They gave 2 copies: 1 for our work truck and 1 for our personal vehicle. Just crazy to me.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Dear Davejg, I wish you were right but your are not. I have lived a few years and made it though a number of tough deals but I have never seen one like this one. This is real and it will take time to solve. In the meantime, pray for those infected and affected.

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
Los Angeles County issued "Safer At Home" order -- all non-essential businesses close.

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
Los Angeles County issued "Safer At Home" order -- all non-essential businesses close.

The problem becomes the “non-essential” businesses who consider themselves “essential” to try and keep their doors open.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Just got to LA Sunday night driving from Arizona and went into work all week at the facility. Things were a little light on the shelves on Monday, but have been restocked pretty well. -No storage of food that’s for sure. People say they haven’t seen it this bad, just remember it’s the media and the government agencies that are creating this perception.

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
The problem becomes the “non-essential” businesses who consider themselves “essential” to try and keep their doors open.
Now Governor Newsom just ordered state-wide order...

I need to fix my toilet. So is Home Depot considered essential?

Or do I need to call a plumber?

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
Just got to LA Sunday night driving from Arizona and went into work all week at the facility. Things were a little light on the shelves on Monday, but have been restocked pretty well. -No storage of food that’s for sure. People say they haven’t seen it this bad, just remember it’s the media and the government agencies that are creating this perception.
I've been watching things around here... grocery store shelves (basic items) get emptied first thing in the morning. People still hoarding bath tissue, canned soup, bread, milk...

I was lucky to find a lone box of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup that was put out later in the afternoon..

Ridiculous..

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
PA just did the same tonight. Published a fairly comprehensive list with a simple Yes or No as to whether you are allowed open.

My business is a "No".

History will tell this story because right now... Nobody knows.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Colorado getting hammered with snow right now (yesterday was t-shirt weather). The winter has been amazing for the ski industry, but they all had to shut down a couple of weeks ago. Ski season is most of the revenue for those ski towns for the year, a lot of small business will be hurting up there.

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
My GF just texted me informing her primary care doctor will only see patients via FaceTime.. only accepting in person appointments two months out..

We both go to same healthcare organization... large medical provider in Orange County California.

More to come...

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
So I have some longtime friends, their 90 year old mother broke her hip last weekend -- had emergency surgery on Saturday night.

The hospital social worker is having trouble finding available beds in skilled nursing facilities -- for rehab.

I can't imagine going through this right now if you have an elderly loved one that needs extensive care. If they can't find an open bed in an extended care facility, home care is the only alternative.

I have a friend in that business..

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Here in So Cal we are all nuts. Stay home, no groups, no visitors, 6 feet distance. Just about everything is closed so how do I mod my JK while I am hold up at home.
The LA County fairplex is ramping up to be a hospital for the expected 25,000,000 victoms. There are Gov't RV's lined up at beach parking lots for quarantine. It has never been like this, ever. Those responsible must pay.

21 - 40 of 1020 Posts